Skip to main content

Diagnostic Assessments

Who are our approved assessors?

We have a team of experienced diagnostic assessors; both AMBDA qualified specialist teachers and educational/occupational psychologists registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).

All of our assessors have experience in assessing and teaching/working with individuals who have dyslexia and associated specific learning difficulties. In addition, they are required to hold a current Assessment Practising Certificate (APC) and they all have DBS clearance.

Which assessor?

Educational psychologists have access to a different type of cognitive ability test that specialist teachers are not able to use, so may be more suitable for those with complex learning differences.

A specialist teacher is more likely to have a better understanding of the classroom environment and so should be able to make more specific recommendations for education support.


If an assessment is being used to support disciplinary/dismissal or tribunal activities we would recommend an educational or occupational psychologist carries out the assessment.

Co-occurring difficulties

Some of our assessors can diagnose some co-occurring conditions such as dyspraxia, although different tests are needed for these.

A good assessor will always refer the individual on for further testing if they feel that there are indicators of conditions other than dyslexia.

Assessors are not able to diagnose learning difficulties such as autism or ADHD, as these are medical rather than educational difficulties and so require a different type of assessment.

Arranging your own assessment?

If you plan to arrange your own assessment this document will tell you more about the qualifications and experience you should look for in a dyslexia assessor: Guidance : What to look for in a dyslexia assessor (pdf).

Start an application

Which service are you booking for?

Step 1 - Download and complete an enquiry form

Download Individual Assessment enquiry form

Step 2 - Send your enquiry form to us

Completed enquiry forms should be sent to:

Step 2 - Send your booking pack to us

Completed booking packs should be sent to:

Step 3 - Payment

Please add your payment details

Add payment details


Specialist Teacher - £540.00
Psychologist - £720.00