How to apply for an assessment
Please be aware that children must be aged 7 or over for a Diagnostic Assessment to be carried out.
- Download the relevant booking pack (MS Word format) which you will find in the 'Start an application' box.
- When these documents are completed, you are ready to submit your application.
- Please ensure you complete the visual questionnaire and see a behavioural optometrist (the optometrist should assess ocular health, refractive errors, oculomotor function as well as visual sensation and perception) prior to booking the assessment as any visual difficulties need to be explored in full before an assessment. If these are not ruled out prior to the assessment and the assessor is concerned about visual difficulties, they may need to stop the assessment.
- Identify whether you wish the assessment to be carried out by a Specialist Teacher or Psychologist
- Specify which location(s) you would like to find an assessor in (if the appointment is urgent we may ask whether you are willing to travel as some areas have more availability than others)
- Identify any dates that you are not available
- Submit your application
- You will receive an application confirmation by email
- When we have found a suitable assessor, time and location we will contact you to let you know.
- Your booking will be confirmed once we have received payment
- You will receive your report 15 working days after your assessment
Please contact us if you require a post assessment consultation, Please note, there may be a charge for this.
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Start an application
Step 1 - Download and complete a booking pack
Step 2 - Apply online
Complete your assessment application online including payment:Apply
Step 3 - Send your booking pack to us
Completed booking packs should be sent to:
We'll be in touch to confirm payment once the booking has been arranged.
Specialist Teacher - £540.00
Psychologist - £720.00