Are you looking for a great new way to volunteer? Are you passionate about inclusivity? Do you want to make real change in the lives of people with dyslexia? Then join us now and have your voice heard.
We’re proud to be launching our Campaigns Network. A place where advocates for dyslexia and dyscalculia can change lives. From sharing important messages to campaigning the government, there are lots of ways to get involved.
Want to join us? Here are the steps to sign up:
1. Review the full role description which includes ways you can help. Download the role description here.
3. Sign up to join our Campaigns Network and receive emails from us. Sign up here.
4. We’ll be in touch with information about upcoming activities, events and projects for you to get involved with, and keep you up to date with all things campaigning.
Join us today to improve the lives of the dyslexic community across the UK.
We’re excited to announce that we are currently looking for helpline volunteers to support our national helpline.
Our helpline is the only national, free helpline service for dyslexic people of all ages and those impacted by dyslexia. Our team of staff and volunteers offer confidential, impartial advice and information and listen to many varied accounts of how dyslexia affects people in their day-to-day lives. If you have a demonstrable understanding of dyslexia, good listening skills and a friendly telephone manner, we’d love to hear from you.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss the role before applying, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
What can a volunteer expect from the BDA?
- A clearly defined role so you know exactly what to expect from the role
- BDA support, including a named supervisor who will offer on-going support and regular supervision
- Appropriate training for the role
- To have reasonable out-of-pocket expenses reimbursed
- Insurance cover under the BDA’s Public and Employer’s Liability Cover
- There may also be opportunities for those residing outside of Bracknell to work remotely