We’re excited to announce that we are currently looking for helpline volunteers to support our national helpline.
Our helpline is the only national, free helpline service for dyslexic people of all ages and those impacted by dyslexia. Our team of staff and volunteers offer confidential, impartial advice and information and listen to many varied accounts of how dyslexia affects people in their day-to-day lives. If you have a demonstrable understanding of dyslexia, good listening skills and a friendly telephone manner, we’d love to hear from you.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss the role before applying, please contact: email@example.com
What can a volunteer expect from the BDA?
- A clearly defined role so you know exactly what to expect from the role
- BDA support, including a named supervisor who will offer on-going support and regular supervision
- Appropriate training for the role
- To have reasonable out-of-pocket expenses reimbursed
- Insurance cover under the BDA’s Public and Employer’s Liability Cover
- There may also be opportunities for those residing outside of Bracknell to work remotely