Helpline volunteers to support our national helpline.
Our helpline is the only national, free helpline service for dyslexic people. Our team of staff and volunteers offer confidential, impartial advice, information and sign posting. If you have a demonstrable understanding of dyslexia, good listening skills and a friendly telephone manner, we’d love to hear from you.
- View the Helpline volunteer role description
- Complete Application Form
- Email it to email@example.com
If you have any questions or would like to discuss the role before applying, please contact:firstname.lastname@example.org
What can a volunteer expect from the BDA?
- A clearly defined role so you know exactly what to expect from the role
- BDA support, including a named supervisor who will offer on-going support and regular supervision
- Appropriate training for the role
- To have reasonable out-of-pocket expenses reimbursed
- Insurance cover under the BDA’s Public and Employer’s Liability Cover
- There may also be opportunities for those residing outside of Bracknell to work remotely