Part of an Accredited Course
Dyslang (Dyslexia and Additional Academic Language Learning)
By the end of the session participants will:
- Have an understanding of multilingualism in relation to literacy development.
- Have explored language learning in relation to dyslexia and multilingualism and potential difficulties faced by the learner.
- Have examined the importance of technology and teaching and learning styles in supporting the dyslexic individual.
- Understand the importance of partnership working in relation to dyslexia and multilingualism.
- Topic 1: Multilingualism and Literacy Development
- Topic 2: Understanding Dyslexia
- Topic 3: Dyslexia Across Europe
- Topic 4: Language Learning and Dyslexia in the Multilingual Society
- Topic 5: Comparison Among Languages
- Topic 6: Assessing Strengths and Weaknesses
- Topic 7: Study Skills
- Topic 8: Learning Styles and Learning Preferences
- Topic 9: Assistive Technology
- Topic 10: Working with Parents and Carers
- Topic 11: Disseminating Good Practice
The materials for this course have been developed as part of a project, funded with support from the European Commission.