Accredited Level 2 - Dyslang (Dyslexia and Additional Academic Language Learning)
Who is it suitable for?
This module is suitable for anyone who is supporting a dyslexic learner who is having to learn an additional language. This includes parents, teachers, TA's and other education or support staff.
- Have an understanding of multilingualism in relation to literacy development.
- Have an understanding of language learning in relation to dyslexia and multilingualism.
- Have explored of the potential difficulties encountered by a dyslexic learner due to language differences.
- Be aware of the principles of the assessment process.
- Have examined the importance of and teaching and learning styles in relation to supporting the dyslexic individual.
- Have examined the importance of technology in supporting the dyslexic individual.
- Understand the importance of partnership working in relation to dyslexia and multilingualism.