Terms and Conditions for Virtual Training
Booking your course:
To register for one or more of the BDA’s online eLearning modules, virtual training and or to attend an ‘in person’ training course, we kindly request that each prospective delegate complete this online booking request. Following your online booking, you will receive an automated confirmation that your booking has been forwarded to the BDA training department for processing.
Supplimentary information for ‘Virtual’ training
Course notes and associated handouts are supplied through the BDA eLearning portal. (please refer to the associated notes on how to access the BDA eLearning site).
Approximately 48hrs prior to the ‘virtual’ training event, the candidate will be granted access to the associated course notes and handouts (so that the candidate can review, download and or *print off any associated notes for their upcoming course). Access to the materials will last for 45 days
- Existing eLearning accounts: where a candidates email address matches an email address already in stored on the BDA eLearning platform, we will associate any newly booked / registered course details with the account sharing the same email address.
- New eLearning accounts: if the candidates email address does not match an existing eLearning accounts email address, (and or differs from any eLearning account email address which may have been set up historically), a new eLearning account will be created. using the email address provided by at the time of booking
For more information relating to access to the BDA’s eLearning site, please view here.
Candidate will require suitable device, software, and internet provision, to ensure smooth access to the training.
Joining instructions will be sent no less than 48hrs before the event.
In the unlikely event that you need to cancel or change your booking, our policy is as follows:
Letting us know: All changes and cancellations must be notified in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancelling your booking:
- If you cancel more than 30 days’ before the event your fee will be refundable, subject to an administration charge of £30.
- If you cancel less than 30 days before the event, but more than 14 days before it, we will refund 50% of the fee.
- We regret that no refunds apply if you cancel less than 14 days before the event.
Transferring the date of your training: We will endeavour to transfer the date of your course, subject to availability and an administration charge of £30. If your request is received within 14 days of the original course date.
Transferring your booking to another delegate: We are happy to accept a change of delegate name if necessary. If, due to illness or an emergency, you send a different delegate at short notice, you must still contact us so that we can make the necessary arrangements to provide an attendance certificate
All name changes are subject to an administration charge of £30.
Non Attendance: Where training is split over a number of days, candidates are required to attend all parts of the training. If you are unable to attend all parts of the training, we are unable to provide a refund, however where possible a recording of the ‘virtual’ training event will be made available, for a limited time period, via our eLearning Portal.
Cancellation of your training by the BDA
In the event that we are unable to provide the ‘Virtual’ the BDA will endeavour to give delegates a minimum of 24 hours notice* and to reschedule the course or arrange for delegates to attend on alternative days.
Our training events are not affected by any industrial action.
*Please note that it is the delegate’s responsibility to provide the BDA with an emergency contact number at which they will normally be available.