Terms and Conditions for Event Bookings
Thank you for booking a place at a British Dyslexia Association event, conference or webinar and supporting our work to create a world where people with dyslexia can flourish.
Booking online, over the phone or in-person for a British Dyslexia Association (BDA) physical or online event, conference or webinar (Event) indicates acceptance of these booking terms and conditions.
A Booking and payment
- By booking you are registering yourself, or others, as paying delegates or attendees for a BDA Event.
- Individual and Organisational members of the BDA enjoy discounts on places at some events. However, membership discounts can only be applied if the delegates are members at the time of booking and at the time of the event. Membership discounts can’t be applied retrospectively to bookings. If you’re not sure whether you’re a BDA member please contact email@example.com
- Some events allow payment by invoice. Payment must be made within 30 days of the invoice date or by the date of the event, whichever is sooner. Your place is not confirmed until payment has been received.
B Transfer of booking and cancellation
- If you are unable to attend, a substitute delegate is always welcome if they meet the criteria for the intended audience. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know if you’d like to do this.
- Individual members of the BDA may only use discounted event places for themselves. If they are unable to attend, they may only transfer that place to a non-member on the agreement to pay the remaining balance for a place at the full fee.
- All cancellations must be made in writing to email@example.com.
- You are entitled to a 75% refund if BDA is notified more that 2 months prior to the event.
- 50% if notified 1 month prior to the event.
- 25% if notified 7 days prior to the event.
- You can cancel within seven days of the event, but you will NOT receive any refund.
C Recording disclaimer
- At BDA or third party events we may do one or all of the following:
- Take photographs at physical events.
- Take screenshots (subject to your approval for the platform to access your webcam) at a virtual event.
- Record audio output from the event.
- Video record the event.
- Live stream events.
- Any photos or recordings may be used for marketing or publicity purposes in the future. Any photos or recordings remain the property of the BDA. By booking on to the event you consent to the above.
- If you do not wish for any photos or recordings to be used in the above capacity, please let us know on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- It may be necessary for reasons beyond the control of the BDA to alter the content, speakers, venues or timings of the events.
- BDA will not accept liability for transport disruption or individual transport disruption.
- Neither the BDA nor the venue providers of a physical event, will be responsible for any loss, theft or damage to your personal belongings.
- You will be responsible for paying any damage which you cause to property at the venue (if physical event), including the cost of additional cleaning where charged by the venue.
- Nothing in these terms will limit or exclude liability of each party for death or personal injury arising from negligence.
- By booking on the event you agree to comply with the venue and organisers health and safety requirements.
- In the unlikely event that BDA has to cancel the event, where possible your ticket cost will be reimbursed. BDA is not able to reimburse you for any other costs like travel or accommodation.
E Your data
- We will not share your contact details with anyone for marketing purposes, unless you have indicated otherwise.
- We will not contact you about anything other than the event, unless you have indicated otherwise.
- Where BDA contracts with additional third parties to provide events or services, we may also provide them with access to your details in order for them to fulfil their services to the BDA.
- BDA is committed to providing access for all and being fully inclusive. We aim to hold all our events at venues that are fully accessible. Please let us know your requirements as early as possible and we will do our best to accommodate your needs. You can tell us about your requirements by emailing email@example.com.
Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org