Part of an Accredited Course
Practical Solutions Plus – Spelling (Virtual Learning)
Please see course dates for information
Virtual / Online
Who is it suitable for?
This course is suitable for those working in education or parents of school age children. It may also be of interest to those who support older learners with difficulties with spelling as the content goes right back to the basic building blocks of spelling through to higher-level strategies to support individuals with this challenging area of learning.
Whilst aimed specifically at those working with and supporting dyslexic individuals the content of this programme will assist anyone who is involved in teaching literacy to improve their skills and knowledge.
This session can be used towards the completion of our accredited courses, so is a great for anyone wishing to go on to one of our accredited courses at Level 2, 3 or 5.
- Explore and increase understanding of the skills and knowledge we use when spelling
- Increase understanding of why dyslexic learners, have problems with spelling
- Develop awareness of the importance of multi-sensory methods in teaching spelling
- Consider the skills required for spelling
- Revise common spelling rules and patterns
- Raise awareness difficulties associated with teaching irregular spellings and techniques to support dyslexic learners
- Consider the importance of syllabification
- Explore the importance of understanding morphology and affixation
- Explore the role of teaching word derivation
- Consider the difficulties involved in transferring knowledge of spelling to longer pieces of writing
Joining instructions will be sent to the registered email address approximately 24hrs ahead of the training event. If the events start date falls on a Monday, these details will be sent out on the preceding Friday.
What is virtual learning?
Our virtual training is designed to replicate the benefits of in-person training but from the comfort and safety of your home. Here is some feedback from one of the delegates…
“The session was very informative, and I will be able to put a lot of what I have learnt into the classroom. The technical support in the session was fantastic and any issues I had were quickly and successfully attended too. The instructor was extremely knowledgeable and answered questions extremely well. The session had a good pace to it and was as good as I think you could get without being an in-person session.”
Virtual training is live and interactive. So you can get the most out of this, we limit session to 15 delegates. Expect what you would from our in-person training, Q&A time, videos, activities and material you can take away to support with putting your new knowledge into action.
The technology is easy to use and a host is available on each session to support with any technical hitches you might hit. If you have a computer and internet connection you have been able to successfully use for video calling via software like Skype or Zoom in the past, you’ll be able to access our virtual training.
Apply for this course
Thursday 11th - Friday 12th June 2020
(12:30 - 15:30)
Monday 22nd - Tuesday 23rd June 2020
(09:30 - 12:30)
Bespoke onsite training
This course can be delivered at your location often at a significantly reduced cost per person compared to our scheduled open courses.Register your interest