Part of an Accredited Course
Fundamentals of Dyslexia Support
Who is it suitable for?
This module is suitable for anyone wishing to develop their knowledge and understanding of dyslexia.
By the end of the module participants will:
- Have explored the role and responsibilities of the support provider.
- Have considered different learning styles and how these shape the support provided.
- Have an understanding of what a multisensory approach is and why it is important.
- Have identified a range of practical strategies for supporting individuals to manage their dyslexia.
- Topic 1: The Role of the Support Provider
- Topic 2: Managing the Relationship
- Topic 3: Learning and its Relevance to Support
- Topic 4: The Importance of Being Multisensory
- Topic 5: Practical Strategies for Particular Difficulties
- Topic 6: Conclusions and Reflections
Note: for those who are not already familiar with the theories of dyslexia and how the condition can impact on individuals different ways, we recommend taking the module: Fundamentals of Dyslexia Awareness first.