Part of an Accredited Course
Fundamentals of Dyslexia Support
Who is it suitable for?
This module is suitable for anyone wishing to develop their knowledge and understanding of dyslexia.
This session can be used towards the completion of our accredited courses, so is a great for anyone wishing to go on to one of our accredited courses at Level 2 & 3, for more information use this link accredited training page.
By the end of the module participants will:
- Have explored the role and responsibilities of the support provider.
- Have considered different learning styles and how these shape the support provided.
- Have an understanding of what a multisensory approach is and why it is important.
- Have identified a range of practical strategies for supporting individuals to manage their dyslexia.
- Topic 1: The Role of the Support Provider
- Topic 2: Managing the Relationship
- Topic 3: Learning and its Relevance to Support
- Topic 4: The Importance of Being Multisensory
- Topic 5: Practical Strategies for Particular Difficulties
- Topic 6: Conclusions and Reflections
Note: for those who are not already familiar with the theories of dyslexia and how the condition can impact on individuals different ways, we recommend taking the module: Fundamentals of Dyslexia Awareness first.
Releasing of eLearning Module
eLearning modules are released to your new or existing eLearning account on the first Thursday, after payment has been received. You will receive an email on the day of release to confirm this.
This module will automatically expire from your BDA eLearning account, after 4 months, from the date that this module has been released.
Access to eLearning modules
The BDA aim to release eLearning modules on the first Thursday
following the submission of your booking; and more specifically,
providing payment has been made before the allotted time.
Access to you chosen eLearning modules / supporting course
information, will only be provided once confirmation of payment has been
received / confirmed; and more specifically, providing payment has been
confirmed by midnight on the preceding Wednesday (GMT).
More specifically, should you require access to your chosen course(s)
in a hurry, we would suggest that payment for your course(s) be made
using a credit/debit card, as our finance team are typically able to
confirm receipt of this within a few days.
Conversely, if a decision is made to pay via invoice, please be advised that we will only be able to release your eLearning related modules once payment has been received / confirmed.