Part of an Accredited Course
Fundamentals of Dyslexia Awareness
Who is it suitable for?
This module is suitable for anyone wishing to develop their knowledge and understanding of dyslexia.
This session can be used towards the completion of our accredited courses, so is a great for anyone wishing to go on to one of our accredited courses at Level 2 and 3, for more information use this link accredited training page.
By the end of the module participants will:
- Have explored the terminology, facts and myths associated with dyslexia.
- Have explored how the differences in a dyslexic brain translate into how dyslexia presents in practice.
- Recognise the principles of the identification process.
- Have analysed the impact of the Equality Act 2010 with regard to dyslexia.
- Topic 1: Introduction to Dyslexia
- Topic 2: Brain Theories and Differences·
- Topic 3: Theory and Practice
- Topic 4: How is Dyslexia Identified?
- Topic 5: How does it Feel to be Dyslexic?
- Topic 6: Dyslexia and the Law
- Topic 7: Conclusions and Reflections
Releasing of eLearning Module
eLearning modules are released to your new or existing eLearning account on the first Thursday, after payment has been received. You will receive an email on the day of release to confirm this.
This module will automatically expire from your BDA eLearning account, after 4 months, from the date that this module has been released.
Access to eLearning modules
The BDA aim to release eLearning modules on the first Thursday following the submission of your booking; and more specifically, providing payment has been made before the allotted time.
Access to you chosen eLearning modules / supporting course
information, will only be provided once confirmation of payment has been
received / confirmed; and more specifically, providing payment has been
confirmed by midnight on the preceding Wednesday (GMT).
More specifically, should you require access to your chosen course(s)
in a hurry, we would suggest that payment for your course(s) be made
using a credit/debit card, as our finance team are typically able to
confirm receipt of this within a few days.
Conversely, if a decision is made to pay via invoice, please be advised that we will only be able to release your eLearning related modules once payment has been received / confirmed.