Accredited Level 2 - Promoting Awareness of Dyslexia
Virtual, eLearning and In Person Training (or a blended combination)
Who is it suitable for?
This programme may suitable for education professionals who work closely with younger learners (pre-16) who have dyslexia, either in a teaching or supporting role, or those who wish to develop their skills in this area in order to move into a role more oriented toward SEN or student support.
By the end of the programme participants will:
- Have a thorough understanding of the dyslexia spectrum of learning difficulties.
- Have learned how to help individuals recognise their own dyslexia.
- Have a strong appreciation of the screening and assessment processes that are used by educational psychologists and by specialists in the field.
- Have accumulated many ideas on how to adapt training styles and provide coping strategies for dyslexic learners, with specific reference to the development of one area of literacy skills.
- Have undertaken a reflective assignment based on the content of the modules studied and have been given feedback on this.
Onsite and Group
This programme can be delivered to groups of up to 20 candidates onsite at your location.