Skip to main content

How to become a Dyslexia/Dyscalculia assessor

To become an assessor, you need to successfully complete a postgraduate (Level 7) AMBDA accredited course or equivalent which leads to an Assessment Practising Certificate (APC). The BDA is one of three professional bodies which issues APCs. These bodies are overseen by SASC and all offer and renew APCs in the same way and for the same cost.

For more information see Assessment Practising Certificate page.

Holders of an APC issued by the BDA are required to hold Associate Membership of the BDA (AMBDA).

See the Dyslexia assessor pathway (pdf)