Skip to main content

Questions from Helpline brought to you by Scanning Pens

Friday 10 January 2020

How can I find my local dyslexia association?

You might like to get in touch with your local dyslexia association to ask about what help and advice they offer. You can discover the local dyslexia association closest to you here.

What is the difference between a BDA workplace needs assessment and an access to work one?

BDA Assessors are dyslexia specialists and we verify their work regularly for quality. Assessors for Access to Work are generalists required to cover all disabilities; very few are dyslexia specialists. The Access to Work recommendations will be good, though much less specific to the individual’s needs, which is a real issue as all dyslexic people have different strengths and weaknesses.

Please see here for more information.

Where can I find a local specialist tutor?

Please see both BDA and PATOSS directories where you can find all relevant tutors in your area: