The below information is a check-list of areas for your to consider when choosing a school:
Obtain from the school a copy of:
- The prospectus, if appropriate, most information is usually found on the school's website.
- Copy of the Special Educational Needs Policy (SEN).
- The school's Information Report.
- Parents should try to visit the school on a normal working day.
- Are there special needs staff with qualifications in SpLD?
- What training do all staff have in understanding and supporting SpLDs.
- How will all staff be made aware of a child’s SpLD Difficulties?
Admission/Acceptance of Pupils.
Ask about the policy for acceptance of pupils with SpLDs and about accommodations in any entrance exams for pupils with SpLDs.
See also Access Arrangements page.