Part of an Accredited Course
Practical Strategies for Study Skills
Who is it suitable for?
This course is suitable for anyone who is supporting individuals with developing and improving their study skills, particularly older learners (i.e.: secondary level and above).
By the end of the module participants will:
- Have identified barriers and gateways to effective study.
- Have identified a range of approaches to effective reading and research skills.
- Have identified strategies to support individuals with lectures/classes, group work and presentations.
- Have considered a range of approaches and support strategies for note taking.
- Have examined a range of strategies to help develop effective time management.
- Topic 1: Why are Study Skills Important?
- Topic 2: Researching and Reading
- Topic 3: Learning Through Listening and Speaking
- Topic 4: Note Taking
- Topic 5: Time Management
Note: this module contains overlap with the modules Practical Strategies for Higher Level Literacy Skills and Practical Strategies for Organisational Skills as elements of both of these modules such as independent reading strategies, note taking and time management are considered key elements of study skills as a concept.