Part of an Accredited Course
Dyslexia Screening and Identification (Post-16 and Adults)
Who is it suitable for?
This module is suitable for anyone working with adults who would like to develop a better understanding of the screening process. It is also suitable for individuals undertaking accredited training such as the Workplace Needs Assessor Programme.
By the end of the module participants will:
- Have identified key issues associated with screening for dyslexia within the adult setting
- Understand the process of identification of dyslexia, and general rules for screening
- Have considered factors that may lead to inaccurate screening results;
- Understand the profile of a dyslexic individual following a screening activity
- Understand the importance of providing quality feedback and how this feedback should be given.
- Topic 1: An Adult Perspective
- Topic 2: The 6-Stage Identification Process
Note: this module looks primarily at screening for dyslexia, which is a process that often takes place prior to a full diagnostic assessment. Screening does not provide a confirmed diagnosis of dyslexia, however it can provide an idea of where an individual’s strengths and difficulties lie, and so can help to inform a programme of support.
A confirmed diagnosis of dyslexia can only be provided by an appropriately qualified individual. For further information on this, please review the BDA Assessments page