Part of an Accredited Course
The Dyslexia Friendly Learning Environment
Who is it suitable for?
This module is suitable for anyone wishing to enhance their learning environment for either child or adult learners in order to make it more accessible for both dyslexic and non-dyslexic learners alike.
From 1st April 2021 this module will no longer count towards our Level 5 accredited course.
By the end of the module participants will:
- Have explored the social model of disability and where dyslexia fits into this
- Have explored the concept of a dyslexia friendly learning environment
- Have identified the key areas to consider in order to become a dyslexia friendly education provider
- Have identified a number of key issues for dyslexic learners
- Have explored a range of strategies and techniques that can support a dyslexic learner within the classroom.
- Topic 1: Why Be Dyslexia Friendly?
- Topic 2: What is a Dyslexia Friendly Education Provider?
- Topic 3: Being Dyslexia Friendly - The Areas to Consider
- Topic 4: Creating a Climate for Learning