Carrying out an assessment with Pre16 learners with complex needs (SASC Approved)
This SASC approved course will cover a range neurodiverse needs and explore how a learner is impacted by those needs. Assessors will have the opportunity to work through two case studies to investigate how aspects of background information, quantitative and qualitative information are synthesised to form a diagnostic outcome. It will also look at the recommendations made in the case studies and why they are chosen to suit the profile. The course will also provide an overview of the tests that benefit and challenge learners with complex needs.
- An overview of Neurodiversity and the overlap of complex needs
- A close look at Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD), Autism, Developmental Language Disorder (DLD), Dyscalculia and Dyspraxia and how they affect learners at pre 16
- Considerations/adjustments needed when assessing individuals with complex needs
- Case studies – how a diagnosis was reached and appropriate recommendations
- Evaluation of own learning
On successful completion, this course will provide 2.5 hours of authorised CPD (Continued Professional Development)
These courses are only suitable for those with the following qualifications:
- A Level 7 assessment qualification (or equivalent)
- An Assessment Practising Certificate (APC) and/or AMBDA
Should you require further information or guidance on the above, please email: SASCtraining@BDAdyslexia.org.uk
In order to achieve successful completion of this course, you will need to have submitted your completed evaluation within 28 days of this course appearing on your eLearning account (noting equally, that this module will automatically expire 28 days from the date that this module has been released).