Accredited Level 2 - Practical Solutions for Dyscalculia
3 days in person training and an assessed workbook.
Who is it suitable for?
This programme may suitable for education professionals who work closely with those who have dyslcalculia, either in a teaching or supporting role, or those who wish to develop their skills in this area in order to move into a role more oriented toward SEN or student support.
By the end of the programme participants will:
- Have knowledge of different forms of dyscalculia.
- An appreciation of the screening processes that are used in relation to dyscalculia.
- Understand the basic principles required for an understanding of maths and the importance of concrete manipulatives.
- Understand theoretical approaches to the teaching of maths.
- Have knowledge of how computers and technology can be used to support dyscalculia learners.
- Understand the difficulties that a dyscalculic individual might experience with working memory, the concept of time and the language of maths.
- Undertaken a reflective assignment
Onsite and Group Options
- This programme can be delivered to groups of up to 20 candidates onsite at your location.