Accredited Level 2 - Practical Solutions for Dyscalculia
3 training sessions (Virtual and or In person) and an assessed workbook.
Virtual Training or In person
Who is it suitable for?
This programme may suitable for education professionals who work closely with those who have dyslcalculia, either in a teaching or supporting role, or those who wish to develop their skills in this area in order to move into a role more oriented toward SEN or student support.
By the end of the programme participants will:
- Have knowledge of different forms of dyscalculia.
- An appreciation of the screening processes that are used in relation to dyscalculia.
- Understand the basic principles required for an understanding of maths and the importance of concrete manipulatives.
- Understand theoretical approaches to the teaching of maths.
- Have knowledge of how computers and technology can be used to support dyscalculia learners.
- Understand the difficulties that a dyscalculic individual might experience with working memory, the concept of time and the language of maths.
- Undertaken a reflective assignment
Onsite and Group Options
- This programme can be delivered to groups of up to 20 candidates onsite at your location.