Part of an Accredited Course
Supporting Dyslexic Learners - practical solutions for primary
London, Manchester and Birmingham
Who is it suitable for?
This training is suitable for Senior managers, teachers, TAs / LSAs working in primary education
The aims of this session are:
- To ensure that all delegates have a good basic understanding of dyslexia
- To encourage delegates to consider how the dyslexic profile may affect classroom behaviours
- To explore the potential of a well-constructed learner profile in informing teaching staff and boosting learner confidence
- To build an empathetic understanding of dyslexia and other Specific Learning Differences (SpLD)
- To raise awareness of a range of easy to implement generic support strategies and tools
- To explore the idea of the dyslexia-friendly classroom and whole school ethos, including any barriers to achieving this
- To encourage delegates to take away three key ideas that they will implement in their own setting
- Review: what is dyslexia?
- How dyslexia may present at different stages of education
- Building a learner profile
- What does it feel like to be dyslexic?
- What can we do to help?
- The dyslexia-friendly classroom
- Creating a dyslexia friendly school
- Next steps
Apply for this course
Thursday 16th January 2020
Wednesday 4th March 2020
Tuesday 9th June 2020
Wednesday 22nd January 2020
Thursday 11th June 2020
Tuesday 28th January 2020
Thursday 7th May 2020
Bespoke onsite training
This course can be delivered at your location often at a significantly reduced cost per person compared to our scheduled open courses.Register your interest