Part of an Accredited Course
Practical Solutions for Dyslexia - Primary
London, Manchester and Birmingham
Who is it suitable for?
This training is suitable for Senior managers, teachers, TAs / LSAs working in primary education
The aims of this session are:
- To ensure that all delegates have a good basic understanding of dyslexia
- To encourage delegates to consider how the dyslexic profile may affect classroom behaviours
- To explore the potential of a well-constructed learner profile in informing teaching staff and boosting learner confidence
- To build an empathetic understanding of dyslexia and other Specific Learning Differences (SpLD)
- To raise awareness of a range of easy to implement generic support strategies and tools
- To explore the idea of the dyslexia-friendly classroom and whole school ethos, including any barriers to achieving this
- To encourage delegates to take away three key ideas that they will implement in their own setting
- Review: what is dyslexia?
- How dyslexia may present at different stages of education
- Building a learner profile
- What does it feel like to be dyslexic?
- What can we do to help?
- The dyslexia-friendly classroom
- Creating a dyslexia friendly school
- Next steps