Part of an Accredited Course
Post 16 Screening for Dyslexia
Who is it suitable for?
This one day course is suitable for anyone who has responsibility for idenifying individual learning needs, making adjustments to work processes, or managing those with dyslexia.
- To examine a selection of dyslexia screening tools.
- To critically assess and evaluated arange of dyslexia screening tools.
- To demonstrate through discussion an understanding of the principles and key issues associated with screening for dyslexia.
- To analyse the results of a selection of dyslexia screening tools.
- What dyslexia screening is, how it differs from assessment and what its limitations are
- Advantages and disadvantages of different screening tools
- What and how external factors can impact on the results
- What to look for in a screening tool