Part of an Accredited Course
Screening for Dyslexia - pre 16
London, Manchester and Birmingham
Who is it suitable for?
Senior managers, teachers, TAs / LSAs in primary and secondary education who want to explore different screening method used to identify dyslexic tendencies.
- To use a selection of dyslexia screening tools
- To critically assess and evaluate a range of dyslexia screening tools
- To demonstrate through discussion an understanding of the principles and key issues associated with screening for dyslexia
- To analyse the results of a selection of dyslexia screening tools
- What dyslexia screening is, how it differs from assessment and what its limitations are
- Advantages and disadvantages of different screening tools
- What and how external factors can impact on the results
- What to look for in a screening tool