Part of an Accredited Course
Practical Solutions for Hidden Difficulties
Who is it suitable for?
This module is suitable for anyone who is working with or supporting individuals of any age who have, or who may have, one or more SpLDs and who wishes to gain an insight into these conditions in order to help provide the appropriate support.
By the end of the module participants will:
- Have identified and explored to varying degrees the potential difficulties, signs and indicators, causes and support strategies associated with a range of SpLDs including: Autism and ASD, Dyspraxia/DCD, ADD/ ADHD, Dyscalculia, Dysgraphia, Specific Speech and Language Impairments, and Visual Distraction.
- Have developed an understanding of the over lapping and co-occurring nature of Specific Learning Difficulties.
- Topic 1: Autistic Spectrum Disorders and Asperger Syndrome
- Topic 2: Dyspraxia / Developmental Coordination Disorder (DCD)
- Topic 3: Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Topic 4: Dyscalculia
- Topic 5: Other Difficulties
- Topic 6: Co-occurrence