Practical Solutions for Employers (Virtual Learning)
Please see course dates for information
Virtual / Online
Who is it suitable for?
This course is suitable for employers involved with supporting dyslexic employees in the workplace, either as line managers or part of the HR team
- Understanding of the range of neurodiversity, the signs and indicators that can be observed in the workplace
- Issue of disclosure and how to support this
- Legal parameters of the Equality Act and how reasonable adjustments fit with the law, what is reasonable
- Workplace Needs Assessments, how to get one, what they do and funding to support the implementation of reasonable adjustments
- Immediate “first aid” to support employees
- How reasonable adjustments fit within the performance management process
Joining instructions will be sent to the registered email address approximately 24hrs ahead of the training event. If the events start date falls on a Monday, these details will be sent out on the preceding Friday.
What is virtual learning?
Our virtual training is designed to replicate the benefits of in-person training but from the comfort and safety of your home. Here is some feedback from one of the delegates…
“The session was very informative, and I will be able to put a lot of what I have learnt into the classroom. The technical support in the session was fantastic and any issues I had were quickly and successfully attended too. The instructor was extremely knowledgeable and answered questions extremely well. The session had a good pace to it and was as good as I think you could get without being an in-person session.”
Virtual training is live and interactive. So you can get the most out of this, we limit session to 15 delegates. Expect what you would from our in-person training, Q&A time, videos, activities and material you can take away to support with putting your new knowledge into action.
The technology is easy to use and a host is available on each session to support with any technical hitches you might hit. If you have a computer and internet connection you have been able to successfully use for video calling via software like Skype or Zoom in the past, you’ll be able to access our virtual training.
Apply for this course
Wednesday 27th - Thursday 28th January 2021
(12:30 - 15:30)
Monday 1st March 2021
(09:30 - 15:30)
Bespoke onsite training
This course can be delivered at your location often at a significantly reduced cost per person compared to our scheduled open courses.Register your interest