Introduction to Dyscalculia
Who is it suitable for?
This session is suitable for anyone wishing to develop their knowledge and understanding of dyscalculia.
- To discuss the nature of dyscalculia and its relationship to general maths difficulties
- To develop knowledge and understanding of a range of basic strategies to support individuals with general maths difficulties and dyscalculia
- To explore a range of appropriate resources.
- What is dyscalculia?
- Associated issues and indicators
- Practical ideas for supporting students
- Identifying specific problems— what went wrong?
- The language of mathematics
- Strategies for common problems