British Dyslexia Association International Conference 2021
We are delighted to invite proposals for contributions to the International Conference 2021 until 31 July 2020.
We invite all research that advances understanding and knowledge around dyslexia and dyscalculia. However, we would particularly welcome abstracts in the following areas:
- Neuroscience of dyslexia and the application of neuroscience to the learning environment
- Advances in knowledge around spelling, writing, working memory, executive function and related areas and interactions with dyslexia
- Advances in understanding dyscalculia and effective support strategies
- The use, risks, costs, benefits and effectiveness of technology to support dyslexia/SEN in mainstream education and other settings
- Psychometric/diagnostic assessments for dyslexia/dyscalculia/SEN, including impacts for those diagnosed
- Research on any strengths related to or of dyslexia
- Advances in understanding reading and the teaching of reading
Your contribution can be in one of four formats:
90-minute slot in the conference programme, including questions and answers. Symposium leads should submit all four papers of their symposium. They are also responsible for communicating the results of the review and instructions for registration (if the symposium is accepted) to their colleagues in the symposium.
Spoken Research Papers
Grouped together under common themes by the conference committee where possible, there will be five Spoken Research Papers allocated per 90-minute slot in the conference programme.
Scheduled to last 45 minutes, workshops with up to 20 delegates allow time for practically based interactive sessions that can explore research, methods, tools, tests, teaching and a variety of other areas in more detail with participants.
On display all day, during coffee and lunch breaks, Interactive Poster presenters will be able to discuss their work with the audience.