Accredit a course
How to accredit a course
British Dyslexia Association (BDA) course accreditation is normally granted for four years. This is contingent on the Board's approval of any significant changes to the course or its personnel during that time. It is the responsibility of the course leader to inform the Accreditation Board of any changes in order to retain BDA Accreditation. If you do not comply with this you may lose your BDA Accreditation.
Complete the Initial Course Accreditation Form and email to email@example.com. You will be sent a course accreditation pack which outlines the course criteria and quality assurance procedures.
- When you have read these documents, write your course proposal and send 2 hard copies to the address below and an electronic copy to the Accreditation Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Enclose a cheque or invoice for the accreditation fee, see below.
- A liaison team made up of Accreditation Board members will oversee the accreditation process and will communicate directly with you within 6 weeks of the application.
The BDA will accredit a course if each of the following criteria is fulfilled:
- The course content meets the appropriate criteria in full.
- The quality assurance procedures are met in full.
- The course is directed and taught by appropriately qualified personnel. In particular all observation of practical work must be undertaken by a tutor who holds AMBDA or equivalent. If the observing tutor is part of the teaching team it is important to ensure that he or she is formally inducted and all evaluations are monitored.
- Distance learning courses using tutors for observations should take formal steps to ensure cross moderation.
- Appropriate means are in place to assess students’ progress and their final level of attainment.
- An appropriately qualified external examiner must be appointed.
Courses will be re-accredited for a further four years if:
- the content has been up-dated to take account of changes in regulations and legislation relating to SpLD, development in SpLD research and approaches to teaching and support for SpLD
- any significant changes to the staff teaching the course and/or the processes of teaching and assessment fulfil the BDA course criteria
Each accreditation carries a separate fee.
- AMBDA/ATS - £175 plus VAT (£210) each
- AMBDAFE/HE/ATS FE/HE - £175 plus VAT (£210) each
- ATS Dyscalculia - £175 plus VAT (£210)
- ALSA - £100 plus VAT (£120)
Accreditation, BDA, 6a Bracknell Beeches, Bracknell, RG12 7BW