Share your story of dyslexia!
Thursday 6 June 2019
Contribute to British Dyslexia Associations project to show the diverse faces of dyslexia.
Dyslexia is different for everyone. It is always complex; it has upsides and downsides. Growing up dyslexic can be incredibly tough and being an adult with dyslexia can still present major challenges. All of us with dyslexia have had our life defined positively and negatively by how others have supported us or not. We have been both empowered and disempowered because of our dyslexia.
If you’re dyslexic and want to have your story contributed to a major piece work by the British Dyslexia Association in partnership with Spotless Group, then please answer the below questions and send them to email@example.com before 30 June 2019 along with a good quality photo of yourself.
- What is your name?
- How would you describe your job/ job title in less than ten words?
- When and how did you find out you were dyslexic?
- What is the biggest single challenge your dyslexia has presented for you? And how have you managed or overcome it?
- What has been the key turning point in finding success with dyslexia?
- What has been the best piece of support you have received with your dyslexia over the years and why?
- Today, what is the biggest single benefit you feel your dyslexia brings?
- Knowing what you know now, if you could give your ten-year-old self one piece of advice about dyslexia, what would it be?
- If you could change one thing about how our society approaches dyslexia, what would it be?
Later in the year, the BDA will be publishing a selection of the answers. Please note: these will be public and include the names and pictures of contributors, so please only contribute answers if you are okay with this.
The more submissions, the more impact this project will have, so please take a minute to share your story. Thank you!