Round up of virtual conference on Dyscalculia and Maths Difficulties
Friday 19 June 2020
On 18 June we held our conference on Dyscalculia and Maths Difficulties.
Thanks to lockdown, this year’s conference took a new approach with the entire event taking place online. This meant that hundreds of people tuned in from across the globe to hear our eminent speakers – from an appropriate social distance!
If you weren’t able to join us on the day fear not – you can order a copy of the event here to view at your leisure.
We were joined by a panel of experts who gave fascinating insights into the in the field of research, screening and teaching with dyscalculia and maths difficulties.
Each session was followed by a lively Q&A, allowing delegates to delve deeper into the subject matter.
Speakers on the day included:
- Brian Butterworth discussing Dyscalculia: From Science to Education
- Sarah Wedderburn sharing her insights into the advantages of qualitative maths assessment and DANS
- Janet Goring on a graduated response to maths difficulties
- Dr Camilla Gilmore sharing the latest research findings on the link between maths difficulties and pre-term birth
- Dr Ann Dowker and Karima Esmail with their views on Dynamo assessment and what it can tell us about maths difficulties
Thank you to all of our speakers and delegates for making it a truly unique event.