Tuesday 17 March 2020
Updated 3 June 2020
Following the most recent statements and policy updates supplied by the Government and the move towards relaxation of the lockdown restrictions the British Dyslexia Association has updated and changed its activity in the following ways:
- Our headquarters are now open, but this is in a very limited capacity and under strict COVID-19 control measures. Anyone visiting the office will be advised of these measures accordingly in advance of their visit.
- Due to the limited nature in which the office is open we are still unable to receive some incoming phone calls and Helpline continues to be open but for emails only. As such, we would encourage you to use our contact us page – whereby you can direct your enquiry to the respective department. Thereafter, and in the event that we need to contact you via phone, please remember to include your phone number in any email communication.
- On 1 June 2020, the British Dyslexia Association recommenced its Diagnostic Assessment service. This was following a risk assessment process and the appropriate guidance being issued to all British Dyslexia Association Assessors. Clients with Diagnostic Assessment bookings or those wishing to book will be contacted in advance of their assessment to be advised of the precautions and procedures that we have put in place to ensure their safety and that of our assessors.
- All of our training and consultancy services continue to be fully available either virtually or by eLearning.
- As lockdown is gradually further relaxed we may start to undertake more face to face activity, but this will be entirely dependent on government guidance. We will update this page as and when things circumstances change.