Frequently Asked Questions

1. How or where can I get specialist tuition for my child?

There are many specialist teachers operating across the UK who provide specialist tuition for dyslexic children. Here are the links on our website for useful information for you:

There are a number of Local Dyslexia Associations that may be able to put you in contact with local tutors. Please see list:

The BDA will be launching in May 2017 a Tutor List on the BDA website that is searchable.

2. Where can I get a diagnostic assessment or a workplace needs assessment?

The BDA provides a diagnostic and workplace needs assessment service. Full details are shown at