Assessment Practising Certificate
Application Route One
If you are:
- a Full Member of the British Dyslexia Association
- a current holder of a specialist dyslexia qualification (Postgraduate Diploma or equivalent) gained within the last 5 years;
you are eligible for an Assessment Practising Certificate.
The Route 1 Application Fee is £90. This includes the £15 fee for registration on the SASC website.
Application Route One Plus
If you have AMBDA or equivalent but the qualification is more than 5 years old you will need to provide evidence of additional qualifications or good practice. Please include with your application:
- A current Curriculum Vitae
- A full DIAGNOSTIC assessment report written in the last 5 years and following DfE guidelines.
The Route 1 Plus application fee is: £165. This includes the £15 fee for registration on the SASC website.
Guidelines for Route One and Route One Plus Applications:
All applicants for Assessment Practising Certificates must be a Full Professional Member of the British Dyslexia Association and maintain this membership during the period for which the APC is valid.
To apply for an Assessment Practising Certificate through Route 1, please note the following:
- If you are not already a member, please click here to become a Full Professional Membership of the BDA
- Please read the Code of Ethics and Conduct before submitting your application form
Please complete and return the Route 1 Application Form
- Please send copies of supporting documents with the Application Form.
- Please send 3 copies of all submitted documents and retain a further copy for your own records.
Please make cheques payable to British Dyslexia Association or call the Accreditation Department on 01344 38 1569 if you want to pay by Debit or Credit Card. If you require an invoice please send details of the name and address to be invoiced.
Renewal is due every 3 years.