- Tel: 0800 269 545. (UK home calls only) or 01926 312 847 (from work)
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: http://www.abilitynet.org.uk
National and regional centres. How IT can assist disabled people. Information, advice, factsheets. Assessments of IT needs.
2. ADD/ADHD: Attention Deficit Disorder/Hyperactivity.
Attention Deficit Disorder Information Services.
ADD/ADHD Online Support Group.
3. ADT: Arts Dyslexia Trust.
An advisory service about dyslexia and the visual arts.
4. CaF Directory of Specific Conditions & Rare Syndromes in Children.
- Tel: 020 7608 8700 or helpline 0808 808 35551
- Email: http://www.cafamily.org.uk
The web lists 800 named conditions and Family Support Networks.
6. The Dyspraxia Foundation.
A developmental co-ordination disorder. An SpLD.
- Tel: 01462 454 986
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: http://www.dyspraxiafoundation.org.uk
7. Education Otherwise.
- Tel: 0845 478 6345
- Web: http://www.education-otherwise.net
A self-help group of families involved in home education.
8. The Forces. SSAFA, (Soldiers', Sailors' and Airmen's Families Association)
Information for parents.
9. National Handwriting Association.
Organises conferences and publishes an annual Handwriting Review.
10. ISC: Independent Schools Council.
- Tel: 08451 205204
- Email: email@example.com
Campaigns to protect children from bullying, abuse etc.
12. NAS: The National Autistic Society.
- Helpline: 0808 800 4104 Mon-Fri 10am - 4pm
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: http://www.nas.org.uk
13. NASEN: The National Association for Special Educational Needs.
Mainly for those working in education. Publications. Organises seminars at Special Needs exhibitions.
14. PATOSS: The Professional Association of Teachers of Students with Specific Learning Difficulties.
Provides lists of qualified assessors and tutors via their website. Local groups, an annual conference, a journal, newsletters. Membership is at various levels.
15. Disability and Work.
Disability Rights UK.
- Tel: 020 7250 3222
- For different helplines see http://disabilityrightsuk.org/contact-us
- Web: http://disabilityrightsuk.org/
A national organisation/pressure group working with and for disabled people, including students.
RBLI (Royal British Legion Industries) Employment Service aims to provide employment and training for people with disabilities, regardless of whether or not they have come from and ex-Service background.
Access to Work provides advice and practical support to disabled employees to overcome difficulties.
Remploy Interwork aim to expand employment opportunities for disabled people.
16. Speech delay/deficit: Dysphasia is a Specific Learning Difficulty.
AFASIC: Association for All Speech Impaired Children
- Tel: 020 7490 9410 or helpline 08453 55 55 77
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: http://www.afasic.org.uk
- Tel: 020 7261 9572 or Information Service and Helpline: 080 8808 9572 (Mon-Fri 10am-4pm).
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: http://www.speakability.org.uk
The Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists.
Information about NHS hospital and clinic provision and independent therapists.
The Association of Speech and Language Therapists in Independant Practice (SALT).
- Tel: 01494 488 306.
- Web: http://www.helpwithtalking.com
18. The Stroke Association